SLEEPS 8 | WOOD NORTON, NORFOLK
RELAX / UNWIND / ENJOY
remote and secluded
Bear’s Cottage is unique in every way. Beautifully remote and secluded, this delightful four-bedroom holiday retreat sits amongst 200 acres of private woodland and offers pure escapism, in a wonderful location just a short drive from the beautiful North Norfolk coast
ABOUT BEAR’S COTTAGE
Adopt a laid-back stance, bring your walking boots and binoculars and enjoy the nature, wildlife and peace and quiet.
The established woodland which surrounds Bear’s Cottage contains many famous specimen trees, planted in the 1850’s and the woods harbour an abundance of flora and fauna, with over 10 miles of private paths and tracks to cycle, ride in or explore, allowing you to completely get back to nature.
The location of Bear’s Cottage is rare and you will revel in the complete privacy it provides; tucked away down a one mile private driveway. There is no doubt that children will delight in exploring the private woods, but you will also fall in love with Bear’s Cottage too.
Restored in 2016, the cottage has lost none of its individuality and charm and the old stables have been converted into what is now a large kitchen and open plan living space. The house now offers all the modern conveniences and luxuries you could wish for, with a large open plan kitchen, dining, living area with vaulted ceiling and beams, wooden floorboards and bi-fold doors opening up onto the lawned garden and woodland beyond. At the front of the house there is a cosy snug with woodburner, where you can relax on an evening, plus a practical downstairs shower room and a separate utility room. Downstairs you’ll also find a twin bedroom and en-suite bathroom, perfect if some members of your party want a little more privacy.
Climb the stairs to the first floor and you’ll discover three further bedrooms, two of which have king size beds and wash basins and a children’s twin bedroom plus a spacious family bathroom with feature freestanding claw-footed bath.
Bring your bikes, bring your dogs and come with a deep desire to discover more about nature and a strong willingness to let go, chill-out and enjoy some well-deserved rest and relaxation!!
Bear’s Cottage is unique and you’ll just love it!
- 1 wood burner – First basket of logs for each included and woodpile in store
- Big flat-screen TV with Sky and DVD
- Roberts radio + aux
- Limited mobile signal
- Very well-equipped kitchen
- Kitchen range a large gas rangemaster with ovens and grills, and a multi – hob option
- Standard fridge/freezer
- Washing-machine and tumble dryer
- Welcome pack on arrival with milk, coffee, tea, sugar, bread, butter, salt & pepper + extras
- Bedding, towels, and all basics included (soap, loo paper, cleaning materials etc). All toiletries and cleaning products are eco-friendly
- Elec, heating, and hot water included
- Baby-friendly (cottage has travel cot and high chair)
- 2 x King Bedrooms and 1 twin upstairs, roll top cast iron bath + wc and basin.
- Ground floor has twin bedroom with ensuite bathroom with bath, wc and basin. Additional downstairs shower room with wc & basin
- Lots of local tourist information, guide books, reference books, cookbooks, novels and games
- 3 Dogs welcome per guests
- Fully enclosed garden
- Terrace in the garden has seating for 8
- Parking for many cars in courtyard
- Private use of the surrounding 200 acres of woodland with footpaths & an abundance of wildlife
- Bike Rental available for guests.
Use the calendar to view our availability of Bear’s Cottage.
THINGS TO DO IN THE AREA
Bears Cottage is well situated for exploring the surrounding beauty of Norfolk. Within half an hour you have almost the entire North Norfolk coastline and beaches, with all the pubs and villages that make this part of England famous; Holt, Wells, Brancaster, Salthouse, Blakeney, Holkham, Burnham Market amongst others.
A large number of famous Nature Reserves are within easy reach such as Titchwell, Pensthorpe, Strubshaw Fen and Blakeney. There are also many Stately Homes and Gardens all within 15 miles such as Felbrigg, Blickling, Holkham, Houghton and Oxborough.
This area of Norfolk has something for everyone including of course the woodland you have surrounding you.
Below Are some links to useful websites in the area.